Why not see the best views in London while you tuck into tea, scones, and all the trimmings of a traditional afternoon tea on the Thames? Book online today.
Waitlist: Mayor of London Event at British Museum
Waitlist only: Monday 8th August 2022
- Adult Waitlist Ages 16+
- Child Waitlist Ages 8 - 15
Supported by MAYOR OF LONDON Monday 8th August 11:00 AM FREE TOUR
Muslim Connections at The British Museum
A newly established tour at the world famous British museum that provides an insight to the Muslim connections!
Established in 1753, largely based on the collections of scientist Sir Hans Sloane in Montagu Houseon the site of the current buildings. starting of with 80,000 natural and artifical rarities, with over 40,000 books and manuscrpits and 32,000 coins and medals and now 8 million objects make the British Museum a top attraction in London!
Other timings can be considered. Please email to enquire.
- Unsung hero who helped in the beginning
- Muslim pioneers at the Reading Room
- Objects outside the Islamic Gallery
- Britain’s oldest connection with Muslims
- Salahuddin and Richard I
- A glimpse at the Islamic Gallery
Meeting point for ordinary bookings: Front Entrance, Great Russell Street London WC1B 3DG.
Meeting point for groups is the back entrance on Montague Place
The four tube stations closest to the Museum are:
- Tottenham Court Road (Cetntral Line): 5-minute walk
- Holborn (Central and Piccadilly lines) : 7-minute walk
- Russell Square (Piccadilly line): 7-minute walk
- Goodge Street (Northern line): 8-minute walk
The following bus routes pass within walking distance of the Museum.
- New Oxford Street: 1, 8, 19, 25, 38, 55, 98, 242
- Tottenham Court Road (northbound) / Gower Street (Southbound): 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390
- Southampton Row: 59, 68, X68, 91, 168, 188
- Bike racks are available inside the gates of the Main Entrance on Great Russell Street (please note that folding bikes are not allowed on the premises).
- The Museum can’t assume responsibility for damage or theft of bicycles left on-site.
- You may wish to use the Santander Cycle Hire scheme on your journey. If so, a docking station can be found on the corner of Great Russell Street and Montague Street, a two-minute walk from the Main Entrance.
- If you have a disability or illness that requires special assistance or support equipment, please see the Accessibility at the Museum page for details.
Please use www.tfl.gov.uk to plan your journey to the British Museum.