Why not see the best views in London while you tuck into tea, scones, and all the trimmings of a traditional afternoon tea on the Thames? Book online today.
Black Muslim Tour of Central London
- Adult Ages 16+
- Youth Ages 8 - 15
- Child Ages 7 and under
- Family Two adults and two children
The History of Black Muslims in London
Discover the history of black Muslims in London on this unique tour! The stories of people and countries from Africa and the Caribbean of Muslim background are rarely mentioned on Central London tours. On this tour, we will be discovering some of them! From ambassadors, Nelson Mandela, and Malcolm X to Trafalgar Square, William Shakespeare, Henry the 8th, and much more.
The tour features a variety of connections, the contributions, and the challenges of the past through streets, statues, plaques, buildings, memorials, paintings, and events.
- Ambassadors — trials, parade, and legacy
- Nelson Mandela & Ahmed Kathrada together with anti-blackness in South Asians
- Hidden plaque opposite parliament
- Slave, dawah, and Quran
- Tragedy, converts, and Islamophobia
- Malcolm X files
- Black history more than slavery
- Paintings of the past shaping the present
- Duse Mohamed Ali & words that shaped Muslim prayers in the early 1900s
Meeting Point: St James Park Tube Station (Broadway entrance) the station is served by Circle, and District lines.
Please aim to be there 15 mins before starting time so we are able to start on time.
Please use www.tfl.gov.uk to plan your route in advance.