Why not see the best views in London while you tuck into tea, scones, and all the trimmings of a traditional afternoon tea on the Thames? Book online today.
Guided Lake District Tour
- First Class
- First Class Adult Ages 12+
- First Class Child Ages 5 - 11
- Infant Ages 4 and under
Visit Lindeth Howe, Lake Windermere and More
Arrive at Euston Station at 8:00 am with your printed train tickets for your outbound and inbound rail journeys. Your train departs at 8:30 am and arrives at Oxenholme Station at 11:08 am. Please print all tickets for both your return rail journey and attraction tickets.
For added comfort and to have refreshments served at your seat, you can choose to upgrade your rail trip to first class.
After you are taken to the vehicle that will be your transport for the rest of the day, it’s time to hit the road and see the Lake District! Travel through winding country lanes and past cute cottages, with sparkling Lake Windermere on one side. The largest natural lake in England, Windermere is an expansive stretch of water surrounded by rolling hills.
- Reserved train seats
- Lake cruise on Windermere
- Visit Hawkshead Village
- Cream tea at Beatrix Potter’s own home Lindeth Howe
- Professional guide
Oxenholme and the Lake District
The day continues with a visit to the Hawkshead, a medieval village originally owned by the monks of Furness Abbey. Its church dates back to 1300, and famed poet Wordsworth studied at Hawkshead’s grammar school! You also pass the picturesque spot Tarn Hows on the way to Coniston Water — keep your eyes open for resident roe deer in Yew Tree Valley. On our return to Windermere, there’s a photo stop at Yew Tree Farm, the setting for the Hollywood film Miss Potter.
Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe – Family Home of Beatrix Potter
Enjoy a deliciously British cream tea at Beatrix Potter’s family home, Lindeth Howe. A classic Lakeland country house hotel in Bowness, Lindeth Howe is set in 6 acres of its own private garden. Tuck into fresh clotted cream, jam, and scones in this beautiful setting.
Your guide escorts you to the train station for your return journey back to London.
You leave Oxenholme at 6:30 pm, arriving at Euston Station at 9:24 pm. (Departure times on Saturdays may vary, so please refer to your welcome pack on the day.)
- Please double check you have entered the correct email address, as without the e-tickets you cannot travel.
- Please print all documents — rail and entry tickets. You will need all these documents for your trip.
- Once booked, this tour is non-refundable.
- Children under 5 are not accepted on the tour due to safety issues.
- Train seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and not guaranteed together.