Why not see the best views in London while you tuck into tea, scones, and all the trimmings of a traditional afternoon tea on the Thames? Book online today.
Discover Viking York
The world famous JORVIK Viking Centre is a ‘must-see’ for visitors to the city of York and is one of the most popular visitor attractions in the UK, welcoming over 18 million people in the past 30 years. See the Muslim trader and the Dirham!
The remains of 1,000 year old houses are revealed beneath your feet, objects taken from the excavations are explored and Viking-age timbers are brought before your eyes.
With an updated ride experience and state-of-the art galleries showcasing a unique collection of Viking artefacts visit the newly re-imagined JORVIK Viking Centre and discover York’s fascinating Viking legacy.New Ride experience with the sights, sounds and of course, smells, of the Viking-Age.
Discover the lives of the inhabitants of 10th-century York as you travel around the reconstruction of the city. All that you see during your visit is based on actual archaeological evidence found during the Coppergate excavation, with emphasis on recreating every detail of the experience; from the flora and fauna growing in the ground to the breeds of animals portrayed and even the splashes of natural dyes found in one of the backyards. This is truly an authentic Viking adventure.
- In the new JORVIK experience you will have the chance to discover more of this cultural ‘melting pot’ with the help of 22 new animatronics characters on the new ride experience.
- With a strong emphasis on authenticity, everything from their clothing, facial features and speech have been meticulously researched to offer visitors a real insight into the lives of people who lived over 1,000 years ago
- Listen out for the all the ancient languages spoken in Jorvik; from Old English and Old Norse and even Arabic, showing us that the city really was a multi-cultural hub.
- The ride’s commentary is available in a number of languages including Arabic
- April – October: 10am-5pm (last admission)
- November –March: 10am-4pm (last admission)
JORVIK will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Opening hours on New Year’s Eve: 10am-2pm, New Year’s Day: 11am-4pm
During JORVIK Viking Festival, special events and school holiday periods opening times may vary, check here for up to the minute information.