Why not see the best views in London while you tuck into tea, scones, and all the trimmings of a traditional afternoon tea on the Thames? Book online today.
- Adult Ages 18+
- Youth Ages 8 - 17
- Family Two adults and two children
- Child Ages 7 and under
Learn the Art of the Chocolatier
At York’s Chocolate Story you can discover the stories behind the greatest names in chocolate, unwrap the secrets of chocolate making, and even learn the art of the chocolatier for yourself. A fully guided tour and three floors of interactive exploration take you on a journey through the city where chocolate made history.
While other British cities were built on steel, coal or wool, York’s fame and fortune have rested on chocolate for almost 300 years: thanks to the vision and invention of its great entrepreneurial families, not to mention the industry and dedication of its people. Though much has changed over the centuries, York remains the UK’s home of chocolate.
To experience a tour with tasters which have Halal ingredients, 48 hours notice have to be given and booked via us.
- Halal friendly tour if booked 48 in advance through us
- Discover the stories behind the greatest names in chocolate, unwrap the secrets of chocolate making, and even learn the art of the chocolatier for yourself.
- A fully guided tour and three floors of interactive exploration take you on a journey through the city where chocolate made history.
- Try fresh handmade Chocolate!
York’s Chocolate Story is located in the heart of York in King’s Square – close to the Shambles and Newgate Market.
Two easy ways to find us are:
- Head to the Shambles, we are located in King’s Square at the top of the Shambles – at the opposite end to the Golden Fleece and Marks and Spencer.
- Head to the Minster. From the Minster head down Petergate and Low Petergate, towards the Shambles., located in King’s Square.
York’s Chocolate Story is a fascinating fully guided tour through the history of York’s most famous chocolate-making families and their finest creations.
- Open daily from 10am (the last tour is at 4pm).
- Tours take place regularly throughout the day. Please allow 90 minutes for your visit.
- Closed 25 & 26 December and 1 January.